All millets are naturally gluten free and is non-acid forming. Millets are alkalizing foods which helps in preventing chronic diseases. Soak, ferment, roast or sprout before consumption to derive full benefits of millets and whole grains. Barnyard millets are tiny white, round grains belonging to the millets family. It is the fastest growing millet producing yield in 6 weeks and has the highest iron content of all the millets. Barnyard is low in glycemic index and assists in curing the type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular ailments with its daily intake. Known as oodalu in kannada, Kuthiravali varagu in Tamil, udalu in Telugu, jhangora in hindi and kavadapullu in Malayalam.
Health benefits: low glycemic index – helps in type 2 diabetes, 100% gluten free – good for gluten intolerant people, High dry insoluble fiber – keeps your digestive tract clean, Barnyard millets are good source of Iron, Phosphorous as well as Calcium. Good anti oxidant.
- Naturally Farmed, Non-GMO, Native and Indigenous species
- Chemical free & Sinfree food | Body, Earth & Farmer Friendly Naturally Farmed Millets
- Health Benefits: Gluten Free, Low GI, High Fibre, Rich source of Proteins. Helps in Weight Loss & Diabetes. It is low in GI (Glycaemic Index) hence helps control sugar levels in the body.
- Rice can be replaced with millets in your staple diet, any rice dish can be made using millets | Soak for half an hour in water and Cook like rice
- Rich source of Micronutrients and Minerals including Iron, Phosphorus and Calcium
- Naturally grown. Without chemicals and pesticides
- Diabetes Management Millet
- 3 times more dietary fiber than white rice
- 7 times more iron, 4 times more magnesium, almost 3 times more phosphorus& calcium, and 2.5 times more zinc than white rice
- 6 times more vitamin B1 than white rice
Take 1 cup of millet & 2 cup of water toast the raw millet 4-5mins, until it turns a rich golden brown and the grains become fragrant.